Obama says wait and see, yea, wait until 2014
Remember when Pelosi said that we would have to wait until it the bill passes before we can judge what's in it. Well now, that is not even good enough. Now Obama has asked for patience and says that we have to wait and see until the benefits kick in before we cast final judgment on the bill.
Obama said every day he saw "another poll or headline that says nation still divided on health reform, no great surge in public support."The immediate effects are not good. Caterpillar, ATT, and Deere are already taking writeoffs because health care will impose new health care costs.
"It's only been a week, before we find out if people like health care reform, maybe we should wait until it actually happens, " he advised, to an applauding audience of about 2,500 at Portland Expo Center.
If we have to wait until the benefits kick in before we cast judgment, well, if we wait that long it will be too late. See the timeline of Obamacare implementation.
That means that
- we will not be able to judge the effects of the free medicare annual visit to a primary care physician until 2011;
- we won't be able to judge the new centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services which begin tracking hospital readmission rates and puts in a new bureaucracy to reduce preventable readmissions until 2012;
- we won't be able to judge the increase in medicare payroll tax until 2013;
- we won't be able to judge the state health insurance exchanges for small businesses and individuals until 2014;
- we won't be able to judge the effects of the mandate for health insurance until 2014;
- we won't be able to judge the new physician payment program until 2015;
- we won't be able to judge the effects of the excise tax on high cost employer plans until 2018.