What do you mean no inflation?
As long as you don't eat or drive, no inflation. But, if you are like the rest of us and have to eat or drive somewhere, it is not so simple as this letter to Henry Blodgett via Business Insider shows:
Latest real prices:
· Post Raisin Bran goes from 2.50 to 3.00 per box at Walmart.
· My favorite yogurt goes from .50 to .58 each at Walmart.
· Cherry tomatoes go from 4.98 to 5.98 per package.
· Walnuts go from 9.98 to 13.98 per bag at Sam’s.
· Bottom round goes from 2.48 to 2.68 per pound at Sam’s.
Should I go on?
Your headline should read, “According to the US Government, there is no inflation.”
Your lead line should read: “The US Government, which has substantial amounts of debt tied to the CPI rate, and which is known to lie about this as well as numerous other factors affecting the public, has calculated the CPI without regard to what is really going on in the world.”
Your closing line should read: “They think you are stupid.” (This should always be your closing line when mentioning the government.)
Kansas City, MO